Different from the online teaching last Spring
Hello SOAR students and families,
The big day is less than a week away! On August 24th, all SOAR students will login for their first day of class! We’re so excited to begin this unique and amazing journey of remote learning with you.
BIG CHANGE: remote learning this fall will NOT look anything like it did last Spring. Students will receive LIVE instruction from their teacher, every day.
Important expectations for this change:
- Students will engage in live video class time everyday. They will be in a google classroom that allows for them to ask questions, receive support with assignments and work with their classmates.
- Students will need to be logged in and ready to go promptly at 8:30 AM. Otherwise, they will miss instructions, etc. Please plan on supporting your child with this until they can do it independently.
- Attendance is tracked daily and monitored closely. All of the school’s attendance policies will apply to the remote setting.
- Lessons will be recorded for students who can’t complete the work until the evening.
- Assignments will be tracked, assessed and graded.
Here is the daily schedule for all students:
8:30 – 8:45 Morning meeting
8:45 – 9:15 Literacy (reading & writing)
9:15 – 9:25 Break
9:25 – 10:40 Literacy small group including guided reading and word work
10:40 – 10:45 Break
10:45 – 11:45 Math, including small group work
11:45 – 12:15 Math Practice
12:15 – 12:45 English Language Arts/Development
*All students will be expected to work offline on homework and reading in the afternoon, after live instruction has ended for the day